Law Attorney Olayinka L. Hamza
Major Practice Areas:
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Trade Secrets
- Non-Compete/Non-Solicitation Employment Disputes
- Securities Litigation/Investment Fraud
- Construction Defect/Mechanic’s Liens
- Arbitration/FINRA Matters
- EEOC Claims
- Shareholder/Corporate Disputes
- Insurance Litigation
- Receivership/Corporate Bankruptcy
- Asset Purchase/Mergers and Acquisitions
- Non-profit organizations
Attorney Olayinka L. Hamza (“Hamza”) is an experienced Colorado litigator with substantial motions practice and courtroom/trial experience. Attorney Hamza has worked on a wide variety of commercial litigation cases in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitration and foreign judicial forums. Some of the issues Attorney Hamza has litigated include business disputes such as trade secret and non-competition matters, breach of fiduciary duty, shareholder, director, creditor, and company disputes, fraud related torts, insurance coverage and policy interpretation/application, securities law violations, receivership and bankruptcy matters, construction defect litigation, commercial sales and branding disputes, and a host of other business matters. As a Colorado business lawyer, Attorney Hamza has successfully represented clients in countless motions practice, numerous depositions and trials, and oral arguments and appellate hearings. He has also represented clients in disputes before the American Arbitration Association, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority panel (FINRA), multiple arbitration forums, and varying forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Attorney Hamza is also highly experienced on several transactional matters, including the drafting, negotiation, and execution of business agreements that include asset purchase agreements, limited liability company agreements, corporate bylaws, security purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, side agreements, trade secret agreements, and employment agreements/non-compete.
Read More About Olayinka L.
Before his time at Thomas P. Howard, Hamza worked at various law firms in New York, Missouri, and Colorado, including a full-service global law firm in New York City, and a well respected Denver area litigation boutique. While at the latter, Hamza worked closely with a former Colorado Court of Appeals judge on a number of Colorado commercial litigation cases. Hamza applies a great deal of his past experience with people of varying social and cultural backgrounds to assist clients in solving a range of legal problems. He is also of the opinion that a ‘one size fits all’ approach never works to resolve client-specific matters, because each client issue is unique, no matter how similar the facts might be to a prior case. For that reason, Hamza tailors his approach to strategically fit with the demands and nuances required for individual client matters, in an effort to quickly resolve issues and succeed on each client’s behalf.
Hamza received his J.D. in 2010 from the Washington University in Saint Louis School of Law in Saint Louis, Missouri. There, Hamza won multiple awards as a student-litigator in the law school’s trial team, as well as the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for scoring the highest overall grade in contract law. Hamza also served as a Senior Editor of the Washington University Jurisprudence Review.
Hamza received his B.A., cum laude, in Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (“UNCC”) in May 2007. At UNCC, Hamza was a member of Pi Sigma Alpha. Pi Sigma Alpha is restricted to students who rank scholastically in the top of their class for political science.
- Won complete summary judgment and dismissal of lawsuit against directors and officers of a nationally recognized wind renewable energy company against Plaintiff’s claims alleging over $300 million in damages for alleged theft of trade secrets and tortious interference.
- Represented highly reputed Colorado oil and gas company in dispute over oil and gas assignments and won back oil and gas titles wrongfully taken from oil and gas company.
- Successfully sued and won lawsuit in favor of husband and wife and against multi-national investment firm with 14,000 locations for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Completely prevailed on summary judgment in favor of shareholder in lawsuit involving claims of fraudulent transfer, usurpation of company opportunity, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Litigated and recovered attorneys’ fees and costs in excess of $300,000 in favor of renewable energy company and its officers wrongfully sued for theft of trade secret by multi-national corporation.
- Defended a Colorado oil and gas company against national oil giant and won litigation on client’s behalf over fraud and breach of contract claims.
- Represented multi-national tile and flooring company and won summary judgment on almost all the claims brought against company by one its dealers.
- Successfully litigated claims on behalf of non-profit foundation against former board of director members for various misappropriations of company funds and assets.
Although Attorney Hamza was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria, he has lived in multiple European countries, including Spain and the Netherlands and speaks and understands multiple foreign languages. Attorney Hamza immigrated to the United States as a teenager. He is an avid follower of the English Premier League and a lifelong fan of Arsenal Football Club (the gunners).
Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
University of North Carolina, Charlotte
Honors: cum laude
New York, 2011
U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2011
U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2011
Colorado Bar Association
Sam Cary Bar Association
New York Bar Association